03 November 2007

Paris à la lune

I just finished Paris to the Moon, I took my time, trying to savour all of it -- keep it in my head. I think he lived the life that I would want to live in Paris, if marriage and a family come my way. The life of a writer, or an academic can not be beat in this world, I am convinced of that. And with that in mind, I keep my head above the water, looking for a better opportunity to continue my education, or expand my worldview by moving abroad, once again. I think my time here at the airport and in Phoenix has been important, if nothing else, to help bring me back down to some sort of reality about the world. But, after a couple of months here, I realize that it is this reality that I am constantly trying to escape, always looking over my shoulder at the other part of this world that I am so inclined to inhabit.

No comments: