22 September 2005

Birthday Thoughts

Today is my birthday. Maybe that means that 2 posts in one day is alright. At any rate, it is always an interesting to think about what I was doing a year ago, where I was at, how I was feeling. This time last year I was still in the beginning of film school in L.A. I still didn't have a set group of friends, but I did have some that became great friends. I remember going to get Thai food and to the beach, it was nice.
24 isn't all that old I keep telling myself, even though I realize that it is almost 1/2 way to 50. I don't like to think about things like that. I think I have a fear of aging, and it is something I've been noticing more and more as I get older. I don't want to loose track of what is new and cool--the hip crowd. I think I might drag all of that with me throughout my years. Yes, I might be the one who is listening to radio hits when I'm 50, oh well, I know several people who might be there with me. At any rate, it is nice to be 24, and it is nice to have people around me that are supportive and wonderful. I've found that the key to a birthday isn't to dwell on what I've done or haven't done, and it isn't to look ahead for the coming year, but to live in the present and soak in the moment. There are 24 hours today and I turn 24, is that so strange?

No comments: